//ribbon

analogi

a place with pace that love peace

My Photo
Name:
Location: sungai petani, kedah, Malaysia

Saturday, June 26, 2004

FOG: headache

#from now onwards, if the title starts with FOG, it means that it is an update for my project i am currently working on ...

yesterday i would had to say a very headache day. i am trying out my best to figure out what is the possible way to solve my project. as i said before that volume rendering would give much disadvantages to my program if i wolud like to build in real time walkthrough ... and the headache give me some understanding on that particular problems ... thanks god the all mighty, i have understand how the process ... but yet i have to figure out how to program it and make it possible ...

---------------------------------



some theory of what i would do, just to remind myself



the image below is what the ray casting is all about (correct me if i'm wrong). to make effect of fog, i have to get the blend color of the volume (fog volume) with the color of the objects... (how on earth i will do that! i'll figure out later i guess)
but the problems is if it posibble to calculate by pixels of the blends ....
so, i am thinking of to wakilkan a biggier cubes/quads for that particular pixels ... so it less calculation to be made ... am i right?

so that is for now ... stick on for more updates and if you got the knowledge, please share with me!
wasalam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home