//ribbon

analogi

a place with pace that love peace

My Photo
Name:
Location: sungai petani, kedah, Malaysia

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

#FOG: do depth dead?

damn! my fog's billboards can't cooperate with mr depth. i talk to mr foggy last night.

me: please do me a favor.
mr foggy: i would not cooperate with this depth guy? huh!
me: please la. i am begging you ...
mr foggy: this is all his fault la, not me. i am doing the best i can.
mr foggy: i am fog, so my billboards has to stay close la. but this depth guy can except it.
me: so what should i do?
mr foggy: i don't know, but sometimes i can sacrifice my principle la ... it is only for you la ..
me: how is that?
mr foggy: to do so, you have to leave a space between my billboards.
me: that's it?
mr foggy: yeah, but you'll will see a weird fog. not a fog actually.
me: hah! mmm, damn! i am stuck! oklah, i am going to bed. *wish to dream how to solve this*

if i don't use this depth guy or technically known as gl_depth_test, all the objects, the billboards will be draw in one straight line. because there is no depth. if i use this depth guy, my fog look jaggy. and sometimes i wonder, why don't the quads/billboards blend it's texture. why lah? adakah ini salah opengl? or the setting is not correct kah? look at the pic lah for more details views.





1 Comments:

Blogger Ikhwan Hayat said...

kalau main dgn alpha mmg kena hati2 dgn depth.. aku tak ingat la camne, tapi ada kaitan antara GL_DEPTH_TEST dgn GL_ALPHA_TEST.. nanti kalu aku ingat aku bgtau..

p/s: no apporaval needed lah.. it's a priviledge to be put on another person's site.. letak "anti-keseronokan" je la (pjg sgt ke?), tak payah nama aku.. ohoho

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home